The Head of the Institution is the Principal.In academic matters, the Vice-Principal, Heads of the Departments and other faculty members assist the Principal. Technical personnel support he laboratories in the different departments. The total number of technical staff in the College is 76. Each department has an office besides the central office of the Principal. The number of personnel in the office is 105. In the day-to-day office administration, the Deputy Registrar and the Asst. Registrar help the Principal.
The college has become academic autonomy in the year 2001-02 and Financial autonomy in the year 2004-05. Important academic decisions are taken by the following committees:
It shall be wholly responsible for framing Academic policies, approving regulations, syllabus etc.
Composition of the Academic Council
Functions of the Academic Council :
- Principal, Chair Person
- All the Heads of Departments
- All Professors
- Not less than three experts from outside the Colleges from Industry etc. to be nominated by the Chairman.
- Director, Academic Planning and Director of Evaluation.
- One student of Final Year Class on Merit basis from each branch (Merit up to 3'd year 151tsemester)
- Special Officer (FDH/PTPG)
- Officer in-charge of Examinations.
Sanctions and approvals of the proposals with or without moaifications of the Boards of Studies with regard to Course of Study, Academic Regulations, Curriculum, Syllabi and Evaluation arrangements.
College Advisory Committee:
- Frame regulations for Conduct of Exams, for upgrading quality of teaching and evaluation.
- Make regulations for Sports and Extra-curricular activities.
- Approve candidates for conferment of Degrees / Diplomas by the University.
- Recommend to the University for Institution of Scholarships / Gold Medals and to frame regulations for the award of the same.
- It shall act as an Advisory body in day-to-day matters of the Institute
- Composition of the Committee:
- All Heads
- SpeciaL Officer (FDH/PTPG)
Board of Studies (for each Faculty)
Chairman : Head of the Department
- Two or Three teachers nominated by the University.
- Two or Three teachers of the dept. nominated by the Academic Council.
- Two experts in each subject from out side the college to be nominated by the Academic council.
Functions of Board of Studies:
- Prescribing regulations and syllabus for various courses.
- Revising and updating the syllabus from time to time.
- Introducing new courses.
- Determining the system of continuous assessment.
- Recommending panel of examiners.