To be a primeare Chemical Engineering department meeting the needs of academia, industry and society through quality education and innovative research.
- To provide a comprehensive learning ambience in Basic Sciences, Chemical Engineering and related Engineering fields.
- To impart principles of sustainability and stimulate the evolution of environmental friendly techniques and processes for the benefit of society.
- To promote qualities of leadership and team work through collaborations.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
Graduates of B.T ech. (Chem. Engg.) are able to:
- Achieve innovation in research, education and administration in multidisplinary environment.
- Obtain leadership positions in prestigious organizations.
- Exhibit high ethical standards, team work with continuous learning to cater the ever changing professional needs.
- Pursue personal development through acquiring knowledge, skills and attitude.
Program Outcomes (POs)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PO 1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of governing sciences, mathematics and engineering principles for the solution of complex chemical engineering problems.
- PO 2: Problem analysis: Identify, analyze and solve problems related to chemical engineering systems.
- PO 3: Design/Development of solutions: Design a chemical process to meet the desired needs within the constraints of economics, safety and sustainability.
- PO 4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Ability to think independently and creatively to formulate innovative solutions to chemical engineering problems.
- PO 5: Modern tool usage: Select and apply appropriate IT tools for the design, modelling and simulation of chemical engineering systems.
- PO 6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the chemical engineering practice.
- PO 7: Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of various chemical processes on environmental aspects and suggest appropriate measures for viable alternatives and implementing suitable measures for reuse, recycle and reclamation of rejects and by products.
- PO 8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO 9: Individual and in team: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO 10: Communication: Ability to effectively communicate in chemical engineering context through oral presentations and written technical reports as well as work successfully in group oriented tasks.
- PO 11: Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate the fundamental knowledge and skills associated with technical and management principles, applying them both as individual and team member or leader in multidisciplinary environment at various platforms.
- PO 12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage independently and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
PSO 1: Apply material and energy balances along with thermodynamics to different processes for suitable control of temperature, pressure and flow rate.
PSO 2: Optimize unit operations and processes with momeutum, heat and mass transfer principles including reactions.
PSO 3: Evaluate the process feasibility, and analyze its application and design plants with modeling and simulation studies.
Couse outcomes for each and every course are well designed and documented which is prepared by Expert subject teachers from different renowned Institutions and have been approved by the BOS members.
These are available in the printed booklet named as “Academic Regulation and detailed course Structure” which is updated, revised in regular interval of time.
The above document includes individual course objectives and course outcomes which are well understood by students for learning the course.