- To sustain and improve, the quality and reputation of UG programmes, to meet the global standards and prepare the students with ever changing skills required in CSE, IT and allied fields.
- To consolidate the research strength with special focus on research and consultancy, and to offer PG programmes of industrial relevance
Mission 1: To identify global graduate attributes and impart in students the ability to design and build sustainable solutions across disciplines with the right use of technology.
Mission 2: To develop in students technical and soft skills to work in teams globally and prepare them for lifelong learning.
Mission 3: To identify PG programme specializations that meet the immediate needs of industry and society.
Mission 4: To produce trained human resources and offer quick technological solutions in the ever changing field of CSE & IT.
Mission 5: To offer consultancy services through the strengths of research, training and excellence, contributing to the development of society and economic growth of the nation.
The Department of Computer Science and Engineering was initially a part of Electronics and Communication Engineering Department. In 1984 the Department started functioning as an independent Department. The Department has qualified staff and well equipped laboratories. The Department has started various courses as follows
- B. Tech (Reg.) course was started in the year 1984 with an intake of 30, later it has been increased to 78 in the year of 2012.
- Master of Computer Applications(MCA) was started in the year 1997 with an intake of 30.
- M. Tech(Computer Science) was started in the year 2000 with an intake of 25.
- M. Tech(Cyber Forensics & Information Security) was started in the year 2017 with an intake of 25.
- M.Tech (CS) Part Time PG Course was started in 2000 with an intake of 30.
- Integrated Programme - IDP (B. Tech + M. Tech/MBA) was started in the year 2009 with an intake of 30 (18+12) .
- Integrated Dual Degree Programme – IDDMP(B.Tech+M.Tech) was started in the year 2010 with an intake of 30(15+15).
- International Integrated Dual Degree Programme – IIDDMP(B.Tech+M.Tech) was started in the year 2012 with an intake of 60