The Department of Chemistry was established at the inception of the college in 1965. The Department of Chemistry has well qualified, dedicated team of Faculty who are actively involved in Teaching and Research.
The Department is committed to raise the intellectual tone of the young students in understanding and incorporating the basics of rapidly progressing changes in the fields of Science & Technology, with an objective of enhancing their competence by applying their proficiency and skill for industrial and economic development by creating better living environment in the society.
- To identify, scientifically evaluate and implement proven, prevention-oriented, forward-looking solutions to critical scientific and technological problems.
- To make technology a principal instrument of economic development of the country and to improve the quality of life of the people through technological education, innovation, research, training and consultancy.
- The Department has a small but enthusiastic group of Teaching Faculty who has taken to teaching of Chemistry and Chemical research wholeheartedly.
- The Department has good laboratories and infrastructural facilities with financial inputs from the University, the College, the UGC and CSIR.
To strengthen the edifice of Engineering and Technological Education on the four pillars teaching, research, training and consultancy.
To play the lead role in harnessing and developing human resources towards economic, industrial, management through Chemistry.
To attain technical excellence.
To stimulate, support and collaborate in R & D efforts with industry.
To pioneer and actively participate in evolving appropriate technologies.
To develop native genius for the development of rural India.
To adhere to the ethics of instruction.
Innovative Practices Adopted:
To incorporate field experiences and field problems in lectures.
To involve students in consultancy projects.
To give practical oriented live projects for students as their project works.
To take students to sites where some important and latest techniques are used to give latest technology exposure to students.
To arrange guest lecturers of well-known researchers from various institutes across the globe for the benefit of the students.
The Courses Supported at UG Level :
- Engineering Chemistry for B.Tech I Year I Semester for Civil, Mechanical and Metallurgical Engineering Branches.
- Engineering Chemistry for B.Tech I Year II Semester for EEE, ECE, CSE and Chemical Engineering Branches.
- B. Tech – II year – Analytical & Organic Chemistry (Chemical Engineering)
- B. Tech – I year & III year (lateral entry) Environmental Studies (All Branches)
Courses offered at PG Level :
- M.Sc Chemistry (Drugs & Pharmaceuticals): Two Year (Full Time Programme)
Research Programmes Offered :
The major research areas include Synthetic organic Chemistry, Inorganic and Coordination Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry. Laboratories Facilities : The Department has three well equipped laboratories. The Research Lab has instrumentation facilities , FTIR, UV- Vis. Spectrophotometer , Microwave Ovens, Parr hydrogenator, Sonicator etc. The laboratories are supported by the funds from JNTUH, UGC, CSIR & TEQIP.