The Department of Chemistry was established at the inception of the college in 1965. The Department of Chemistry has well qualified, dedicated team of Faculty who are actively involved in Teaching and Research.
The Courses Supported at UG Level :
- Applied Chemistry for B.Tech I Year I Semester for Civil, Mechanical and Metallurgical Engineering Branches.
- Engineering Chemistry for B.Tech I Year II Semester for EEE, ECE & CSE Branches.
Courses offered at PG Level :
- M.Sc Chemistry (Drugs & Pharmaceuticals): Two Year (Full Time Programme)
- M.Sc - Organic Chemistry): Two Year (Full Time Programme)
- M.Sc Chemistry (Drugs & Pharmaceuticals): Three Year (Part Time Programme)
Research Programmes Offered :
- M.Phil in Chemistry
- Ph.D in Chemistry
The major research areas include Synthetic organic Chemistry, Inorganic and Coordination Chemistry, Analytical and Environmental Chemistry. Laboratories Facilities : The Department has three well equipped laboratories. The Research Lab has instrumentation facilities , FTIR, UV- Vis. Spectrophotometer , Microwave Ovens, Parr hydrogenator, Sonicator etc. The laboratories are supported by the funds from JNTUH, UGC, CSIR & TEQUIP.