On behalf of the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences and along with my colleagues, JNTUH University College of Engineering, Science and Technology, JNTUH, English Language Proficiency for Air Traffic Controllers (PELA/AELP/ELPA) Training and Testing has been conducted for Airports Authority of India, Hyderabad in TWELVE different spells.
- 19-28 Feb 2011
- 14-25 Nov 2011
- 30 April to 12 May 2012
- 18 March to 1 April 2013
- 18-22 January 2016
- 11-15 July 2016
- 17-28 October 2016
- 25 Sep. to 04 October 2017
- 13-19 September 2022
- 06 -16 November 2022
- 05-18 April 2023
- 06-13 June 2023
More than 400 Air Traffic Controllers (ATCs) have been trained and tested during PELA as the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) rules and regulations. The ATCs have been trained in the areas of Pronunciation, Structures, Vocabulary, Fluency, Comprehension, Radio Telephonic Communication and Interaction.
In addition, the trainers participated in a Recurrent Training for English Language Trainers and Aviation English Language Experts (Raters-2) conducted at
- Hyderabad Training Centre, Airports Authority of India from 14-10-2022 to 16-10-2022
- Hyderabad Training Centre, Airports Authority of India from 28-10-2021 to 31-10-2021
- Hyderabad Training Centre, Airports Authority of India from 29-10-2020 to 01-11-2020 AND
- Initial Training at Indian Institute of Technology Madras from 15-11-2019 to 19-11-2019
Dr. NVSN Lakshmi, Associate Professor of English & Head and Dr. Parvathi.V, Professor of English &
Chairperson, BoS completed 24 hours of Recruitment Training for Aviation English Trainer and
Aviation English Language Experts (Raters-2) during 28-10-2021 to 31-10-2021 organised by
Aviation English Language Training Organization/ Testing Service Provider, Airports Authority
of India, HTC, Hyderabad in the year 2021.