The B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering was started in 1989.The Department started functioning independently from 1992. Now the Department has a separate building shared with well-established labs. The Department is growing steadily and has its own Computer laboratory besides the Departmental Library. The department is also offering the following programmes ,PG - M.Tech (Metallurgy) which started in the year 2013 onwards and Ph.D – Part Time (Metallurgical Engineering),and PG - Part Time (Industrial Metallurgy) started in the year 2010.
To impart quality education in Metallurgical Engineering and constantly pursuing excellence by upgrading knowledge, skills and attitude useful to Industry, Academic and Society.
1. To produce graduates having professional excellence in Basic Sciences and Metallurgical Engineering with concern towards society.
2. To provide a scientific environment, to help meet the desires and needs of students and faculty for enhancing research efforts and technological innovations.
3. To provide technical support to higher education, industry and R&D units.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The metallurgical engineering program at JNTUH-CEH prepares graduates who can
1. Obtain good and high positions in public or private intuitions as engineers and researchers.
2. Follow higher education in prestigious universities and have a successful academic career.
3. Demonstrate advancement in their choosen career by upgrading their skills continuously.
4. Exhibit high ethical standards and responsibilities towards their profession and society.